UCLA Facilities Management
As one of America’s finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California’s largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
Supervising Electrician – Electrical Systems Shop – Requisition 27611
UCLA Facilities Management, Los Angeles, CA
Facilities Management is seeking a skilled Supervising Electrician to supervise and coordinate the work of Lead Electricians, Electricians, Facilities Mechanics, and Facilities Workers. The incumbent manages and ensures the efficiency and productivity of the staff; provides board guidelines for projects; independently determine schedules, work assignments and scope of projects. Incumbent will provide quality customer service by supplying clear and concise communication with client and keeping them informed of their jobs and/or projects.
- Possession of a current State of California Electrician Certification, Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Satisfactory completion of a certified apprenticeship program or equivalent education and experience.
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of the electrical trade and related codes sufficient to direct work, evaluate progress and ensure that craft work assignments meet stated standards.
- Ability to assist in the troubleshooting and repairing of electrical systems and equipment for malfunctions, signs of damage, deterioration, or adjustment.
- Skill in supervising and working knowledge of human resources management sufficient to conduct performance evaluations, counseling, feedback sessions, and implementation of progressive corrective action within a unionized work environment.
- Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices, or procedures to define the problem or objective; identify concerns or factors, patterns, relationships; formulate logical and objective conclusions; and recognize alternatives and their implications.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and the ability to drive a University truck or other light vehicle in the course of job duties.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/ and search for Requisition 27611. Or, quicklink:
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks of vacation per year; an average of 12 days sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.